Applications for the 2017 course are now closed as it is full. If you have applied you will hear shortly, by email, whether you application has been successful.
Applications for the 2018 course will open on 1st December 2017.
It is a distance learning course with a difference – course units are delivered online but you practise real plant identification throughout the summer with the support of a tutor
- The course consists of 15 units delivered at fortnightly intervals
- It starts in February and finishes in August, tracking the flowering season
- Each unit concludes with a short question sheet, requiring you to find and examine wild plants
- You have your own tutor, who will correct your answers and give advice
- There are no grades or numerical marks
- The course can be completed in one year but you may continue into a second year if you wish
- YOU WILL NEED TO GO OUT TO FIND WILD PLANTS, BUT ONLY COMMON ONES
NEW TUTORS ARE WELCOME
Could you be a Tutor? See job description and qualifications